For a blog hop that I participating in, the hostess wanted us to give a little intro on who we are, what we like and don't like and maybe show some pictures of what we make.
A little about me...
-My name is Maria Rosa but all my friends call me Rosa, big ethnic family with too many Maria's so it's always been Rosa for me.
- My day job is managing a local health food store, which I love! I get to help people feel and be well on a daily basis.
- I love music! I try to always have it in the background of my life if possible. My taste in music is very eclectic. People think my Pandora is funny it goes from a song from The Sound of Music to Tim McGraw to My Chemical Romance, to the Beatles, it's all over the place.
- I'm not a big fan of movies ( I can't sit still for long). I'm also not a big fan of T.V. but I do love some Jeopardy, I have loads of useless crap clogging up my brain so I do pretty good at answering "clues". My husband seems to think I should take the online test. Thanks for having faith in my brain, I don't have as much faith as him.
- I am bilingual I speak Italian and English. I currently am trying to learn Spanish so that I can be trilingual? or maybe it's multilingual, I think that would be awesome.
- The reason I'm trying to learn Spanish is that when I retire (too long from know) I hope to do so in Costa Rica. It's amazing, beaches and rain forests it's one of the most diverse places on the planet, I would love to live there and the language they speak is Spanish.
- I like things to be simple. I'm not an over the top kind of person. I don't dress flashy, I live in a humble home, I drive a modest car ( but i would love a 69 Chevy Impala or and old farm truck someday), I don't think life is about what you have it's about who you are! Material things just don't impress me that much.
- I'm not a huge fan of the color red. Not sure why I just don't.
- Purple is my favorite color.
- I love to cook.
-I find washing dishes by hand relaxing.
- I also love to read.
- I also enjoy soft soldering. If it can be soldered I will try to do so!
On to seeing some things that I make....
Found feather pendant, soldered by me.
Vintage clock hand earrings.
Pendant made using broken vintage jewelry bits.
Necklace made using a vintage projector slide, vintage religious medal and some sparkle.
Soldered butterfly wing connector, made by be, then beaded.
Soldered butterfly wing pendant, also soldered by me.
Religious earrings and bracelets made using vintage components.