Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Lots Going on this time of the year....
For me at least. Summer is the time where I can take things a little slower but now I am chugging away at so many things.
-Dilemma there are 2 blog hops that I want to participate in but they are really close to the same time and I'm not sure if I will be able to do both :( So I will have to do some contemplating but I am gravitating to one more than the other.
-Had an amazing show right before Christmas this year. I don't really do shows but the organizer of this one sought me out to participate. It was all local artists and crafters. I worked hard to prepare, but the people were so nice and I sold a ton. I am grateful to all who purchased from me and I hope that you and your loved one's are enjoying my creations!
- My husband is a pretty good guy. Whenever it snows hard he goes out and clears so many peoples snow for them he does my mom's, sister's, neighbor's, my work (so I don't have to) and a couple of others ( he works as a bridge carpenter so when it's really snowy they don't work). This year my neighbor sent these cookies that she decorates as a thank you. They are so adorable!! And delicious. She is very talented.
-We had a beautiful Christmas, it was so relaxed and nice. We did no rushing around. I am truly blessed to have so many people that love and care about me. My son is becoming a fine young man he is so caring and kind and just happy and grateful for anything you do for him, which always makes me want to do even more for him. Here he is too early (he claims) on Christmas morning, he looks like a grown man but he is only 15. I am lucky to be his mom, for sure!!
- I couldn't leave out this handsome fellow, his name is Dozer and I just love him to pieces he is only a little over a year old but he is a supersized sweetie pie. People are scared of him since he is so big but he is the most loving, gentle and smartest dog that I have been around.
- I always resolve to do things in the new year but this year I decided to do something daily that shows someone, anyone that people are kind and care, whether it be holding the door for someone, saying hello at a passerby, listening to someone who needs a ear, lending a helping hand to someone in need or hugging someone while they cry. I think that if everyone did something like this just once a day our world would just be overflowing with kindness, that's the type of world I would love to live in!!
See you soon,
Monday, August 8, 2016
It's not my idea but a fellow jewelry blogger that I follow does this, I enjoy hers and I think that my blog will benefit from this too.
She just adds bullet points with some interesting tidbits about whats happening in her life and Viola, an easy and quick post to keep people informed and to let them know you haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.
This summer has been a hot one and super busy too. What I've been up to.
- Work of course, it always seems that I am at work.
-It's been super hot here in Michigan so we have been able to put our pool to good use this year.
- I convinced my teenage son to not only one but 2 zoo trips. One to the Toledo Zoo and the other to the Detroit zoo.
-We went at the beginning of summer to the Toledo Zoo and it was so chilly that we had to were our jackets most of the day.
- The little one with us is my Niece's little girl Madi. She hangs with us a lot.
- My 15 year old son is working on growing full beard, I call him Wolverine.
- Just finished sanding, painting and updating a headboard for my bedroom and just love how it turned out!
- I have to get this guy ready for driver's training and back to school, he does online high school and excelled so much last year that he's doing it again this year. He went from grades that were toilet bound, to pulling off a 3.3GPA, He made me very proud!
- Haven't been able to make jewelry for weeks now. I hyper-extended and possible fractured my thumb, the swelling was too bad to see anything on an x-ray. So I have been in this contraption.
Hope to see you Soon,
Sunday, May 15, 2016
Today Is the day for the Swap and Hop Reveal...
I'm sure most of you know how this works, but if by chance you don't I will give you a quick summary. Our hostess for this swap is the lovely Linda Anderson. She painstakingly matched, everyone who signed up with partners. So then the object or rules are that you send your partner an artisan bead or focal, a clasp and if you really want any beads or other goodies to go along with them and then they create wonderful, gorgeous pieces of jewelry.
This is the second year that I have participated in this hop and had such a good time last year, that even with my busy schedule and really no extra time on my hands, could not resist signing up! I was partnered with the sweet Susan Kelly . I was so excited when my package arrives, I'm like a kid at Christmas, so I could hardly wait to open it and let me tell you she did not disappoint. Here's a look see at what Susan sent me.
Now a few pictures of what I sent to Susan, just so you know what we had to work with.
All of the focals were made by yours truly. I sent out a couple of my soldered glass pendants one features a real butterfly wing, the other a pressed yellow daisy. The other focal is a druzy quartz stone that I added to a couple of filigrees that I layered. Then a spattering of matching beads and beaded chain that I made using vintage beads, it a color combo that I LOVE!
Just so everyone knows and I love all sorts of beady things, for some reason, I don't gravitate to lamp work beads. I have seen so many that are true works of art and I have seen the amount of talent, creativity, skill and time that goes into them, it's just not my thing. Oh I have many lamp work beads that I keep in their own container, I just NEVER make anything with them. So here I have 2 to work with and I was a little stumped. I thought that there is no way, what the heck am I going to make with theses. So I set my sights on the copper heart focal, I thought yup this is the one I will make something with and guess what that is the one that I didn't use, oh I will I even made a copper heart clasp for it, but I just, as always ran short on time. Let's get real I shopped for matching beads like a minute after my package arrived and you would think I would have started creating then right? Well that would have probably been smart I started the day before yesterday. I know slacker!!! But I work better under pressure, doesn't do much for my stress level, but boy can I whip some jewelry out!
Okay enough of my yap trapping here is what I made.....
This is the other focal. It is so pretty on it's own I didn't want to do to much, so that the beauty of the bead could shine. I just added a little chain fringe with a few color coordinating crystal to the end on a super long copper chain.
This is how it looks on.
Thank you Linda for hosting this swap and Hop, I'm sure it was a lot of work. I will now shut up, so that you can visit all of the talented jewelry artists blogs to check out there pretties. Here's a list and have fun hopping!!!!
Sunday, April 10, 2016
Meet my Bead Peeps Swap n Hop Partner.....
Her name is Susan Kelly and her blog is found Here . This is her Etsy Shop . She is very talented and I am so glad to be her partner this time around. I am just going to add a couple of pictures so you can see what she and I will be working with, although I haven't even begun, but of course I did go shopping for more beads to match and spark some creative juices, really I just use any excuse to buy beads, findings and new tools, It's a sickness I have.
Let's start with what Susan Sent me....
This is what I sent to Susan........
Now to get busy the reveal is May 15!!