For a blog hop that I participating in, the hostess wanted us to give a little intro on who we are, what we like and don't like and maybe show some pictures of what we make.
A little about me...
-My name is Maria Rosa but all my friends call me Rosa, big ethnic family with too many Maria's so it's always been Rosa for me.
- My day job is managing a local health food store, which I love! I get to help people feel and be well on a daily basis.
- I love music! I try to always have it in the background of my life if possible. My taste in music is very eclectic. People think my Pandora is funny it goes from a song from The Sound of Music to Tim McGraw to My Chemical Romance, to the Beatles, it's all over the place.
- I'm not a big fan of movies ( I can't sit still for long). I'm also not a big fan of T.V. but I do love some Jeopardy, I have loads of useless crap clogging up my brain so I do pretty good at answering "clues". My husband seems to think I should take the online test. Thanks for having faith in my brain, I don't have as much faith as him.
- I am bilingual I speak Italian and English. I currently am trying to learn Spanish so that I can be trilingual? or maybe it's multilingual, I think that would be awesome.
- The reason I'm trying to learn Spanish is that when I retire (too long from know) I hope to do so in Costa Rica. It's amazing, beaches and rain forests it's one of the most diverse places on the planet, I would love to live there and the language they speak is Spanish.
- I like things to be simple. I'm not an over the top kind of person. I don't dress flashy, I live in a humble home, I drive a modest car ( but i would love a 69 Chevy Impala or and old farm truck someday), I don't think life is about what you have it's about who you are! Material things just don't impress me that much.
- I'm not a huge fan of the color red. Not sure why I just don't.
- Purple is my favorite color.
- I love to cook.
-I find washing dishes by hand relaxing.
- I also love to read.
- I also enjoy soft soldering. If it can be soldered I will try to do so!
On to seeing some things that I make....
Found feather pendant, soldered by me.
Vintage clock hand earrings.
Pendant made using broken vintage jewelry bits.
Necklace made using a vintage projector slide, vintage religious medal and some sparkle.
Soldered butterfly wing connector, made by be, then beaded.
Soldered butterfly wing pendant, also soldered by me.
Religious earrings and bracelets made using vintage components.
For me at least. Summer is the time where I can take things a little slower but now I am chugging away at so many things.
-Dilemma there are 2 blog hops that I want to participate in but they are really close to the same time and I'm not sure if I will be able to do both :( So I will have to do some contemplating but I am gravitating to one more than the other.
-Had an amazing show right before Christmas this year. I don't really do shows but the organizer of this one sought me out to participate. It was all local artists and crafters. I worked hard to prepare, but the people were so nice and I sold a ton. I am grateful to all who purchased from me and I hope that you and your loved one's are enjoying my creations!
- My husband is a pretty good guy. Whenever it snows hard he goes out and clears so many peoples snow for them he does my mom's, sister's, neighbor's, my work (so I don't have to) and a couple of others ( he works as a bridge carpenter so when it's really snowy they don't work). This year my neighbor sent these cookies that she decorates as a thank you. They are so adorable!! And delicious. She is very talented.
-We had a beautiful Christmas, it was so relaxed and nice. We did no rushing around. I am truly blessed to have so many people that love and care about me. My son is becoming a fine young man he is so caring and kind and just happy and grateful for anything you do for him, which always makes me want to do even more for him. Here he is too early (he claims) on Christmas morning, he looks like a grown man but he is only 15. I am lucky to be his mom, for sure!!
I asked what gift he liked most of all and he said if he had to pick one thing it was the Full Metal Alchemist Pocket watch. It's from an Anime that we watched together.
- I couldn't leave out this handsome fellow, his name is Dozer and I just love him to pieces he is only a little over a year old but he is a supersized sweetie pie. People are scared of him since he is so big but he is the most loving, gentle and smartest dog that I have been around.
- I always resolve to do things in the new year but this year I decided to do something daily that shows someone, anyone that people are kind and care, whether it be holding the door for someone, saying hello at a passerby, listening to someone who needs a ear, lending a helping hand to someone in need or hugging someone while they cry. I think that if everyone did something like this just once a day our world would just be overflowing with kindness, that's the type of world I would love to live in!!