Saturday, March 22, 2014

I Got My Soup

I got my soup in the mail this past week and have run into issues that have not allowed me to show it, such as, work, dead camera batteries,chaperoning a school field trip and let's not leave out a bit of slacking.

I first want to show you what  Marge Beebe sent me......Fist of all I love the creative packaging all my soup neatly organized in this coffee cup (oh yeah, I love a good coffee) it's like she's a mind reader or something...
 



Then here is what my soup looks like.......
I love the little extra bead bins, no one can ever have enough bead storage, then there were these little make-up sponges which I thought was super clever for use with paints,patinas,glue etc... But boy was my face a little red when Marge told me she added them just so the beads wouldn't rattle. Oh well I was still excited to have and use them.

In my ignorance I had no idea what either types of the fibers Marge sent me were, so of course I had to ask and the thin stuff is for micro macrame and the others are for soutache. I thought I would look up how to soutache, it's gorgeous but that's just not happening. I am punked out by sewing, my sister gifted me an awesome sewing machine when she purchased a new one and on a rare occasion, when I am feeling brave I take it out of it's case with the intention of sewing something, I then promptly put  it back in it's case and run like hell. I really need to get over this fear of the sewing machine,I love power tools though??? Strange huh?

I am so glad that she sent me so many options, as I am in hopes of challenging myself to use a little of all the variety she sent. 

Oh and here is what I sent to Marge. I was a little worried that my soup would be a little difficult for her to work with but to my great pleasure she seemed to like it....

A filigree pendant with vintage typewriter key, vintage clock hand and a few matching goodies,next batch is brown Chalcedony pendant,agate beads,clasp and spacers,then a soldered feather pendant(made by me) along with some coordinating beads and spacers and then a couple of my soldered butterfly pendants as a little bonus to play with later.

I'm up for the challenge and I hope my lovely partner The Marvelous Marge is too. Thanks for the soup and for being just a downright awesome person!

 

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! Both soups are gorgeous! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, I use the sponge thingies that the swarovski crystals have in them for alcohol inks, so def save them... looks like you will have a fun time!

    ReplyDelete