Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Bead Hoarders Creation.....

This year I decided to participate in Lori Anderson's, 2nd Annual Bead Hoarders Blog hop. Unfortunately my husbands grandmother passed away on Thursday and we headed out of town for the funeral. 

I had several piles of beads that I have hoarded and had intentions of making several pieces from them but alas that didn't happen. I decided to show you the one sole piece that I was able to make and of course I wanted to show you my favorite hoard pile.

I adore Labradorite! So this is my hoarded pile of it!

      




 To me there is just something special about it. I love the neutrality of the gray shade, but I'm sure the flash is what does it for me. It's seems like such a simple stone but then a certain light hits it and bam! it's like a light show. I like to think that it holds it beauty for just the right time and them surprises you with it. I look for it every where I go all the time when I shop i am just simply drawn to it.

So here is the only piece I was able to make.....


I decided to make a piece for myself a multi strand  bracelet. Now that I am back home there will be a pair of earrings made to match.

I wish that I was able to have made more from my other piles of hoarded goodies but I will just hoard them until next years Hoarders Blog hop!

Here's a list of all the participants  and as always a big shout out to Lori Anderson for making it all happen! Now I am off to hop!






     
Lori AndersonPrettyThings  (Hostess)

Audrey Belanger
Toki No Hourosha
Jenny KyrlachWonder and Whimsy
Kathy LindemerBay Moon Design
Lori SchneiderBead Addict
Dee ElgieCherry Obsidia
Dolores RamlCraftyD's Creations
Rebecca EdnieEclectic Endeavors
Lili Kristhttp://emjestudio.blogspot.com/
Marybeth Richhttp://forestofjewels.blogspot.com/
Hannah RosnerGood River Valley
Nicole Princehttp://healingbeading.blogspot.com/
Deana Hagerhttp://justdeesarts.blogspot.com/
Jackie Ryanhttp://kydojewellery.blogspot.co.uk/
Elsie Deliz-Fonsecahttp://ladelizchica.blogspot.com/
Mowse Doylehttp://mowsemadethis.blogspot.com/
Evelyn Shelbyhttp://raindropcreationsbyevelyn.blogspot.com
Lisa Johnsonhttp://spudandmrsbutters.blogspot.com/
Terri Gauthierhttp://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/
Patti Pruhshttp://threebeadsandastring.blogspot.com
Shai Williamshttp://www.shaihasramblings.com/
Andrea GlickZenith Jade
K Hutchinsonhttps://jumbledhutch.wordpress.com
Marci BrooksThat Nothing Be Wasted
Jo-Ann WoolvertonIt's a Beadiful Creation
Jasvanti PatelJewelrybyjasvanti.blogspot.com
Laurie VyselaarLefthandjewelry.wordpress.com
Lisa KnappenbergerLIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindellmarylindell.com
Niky Sayerssilverniknats.blogspot.co.uk
Sandra McGriffskyescreativechaos.blogspot.com
Patricia Handschuhthecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Erin Prais-Hintztreasures-found.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrowwillowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breedingwww.99bobotw.blogspot.com
Monique Urquhartwww.ahalfbakednotion.blogspot.com
Jackie Locantorewww.artfire.com/ext/shop/blog/MorningStar
Sheryl StephensThe Babbling Beader
Becky Pancakewww.beckypancakebeaddesigns.blogspot.com
Mona Arnottwww.bijouxgemsjoy.blogspot.ca
Michelle Escanowww.cabbycraft.com
Denise McCabewww.cabewoman.blogspot.com
Carolyn Lawsonwww.carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
Sheila Prosewww.catswithbeads.blogspot.com
Kim Dworakwww.cianciblue.blogspot.com
Iveth Carusowww.CreativeAtelier.net/blog
Deborah Apodacawww.deborahapodacadesigns.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Bunnwww.elizabethbeads.blogspot.com
Janine Lucaswww.esfera.me/travel/blog/travel-stories
Kari AsburyHippie Chick Design
Inge von RoosInge's Blog
Divya Nwww.jewelsofsayuri.com
Debbie Rasmussenwww.kepirasmussen.blogspot.com
KJwww.kjsbeadaciousbeads.blogspot.com/
Klaudete Koonwww.klaudetekoon.blogspot.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erpwww.kruseartllc.com
Ginger Bishopwww.lilmummylikes.blogspot.com
Kelly Schermerhornwww.meanderingwithkelly.blogspot.com
Mischelle Andradewww.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com 
Sue KellyMid-Life Greater Expectations
Rachel Malliswww.mintmonarch.com/#!Blog/c1jlz
Susan McClellandwww.mistheword12.com
Mary K McGrawMK's Creative Musings
Tania SpiveyMoobie Grace Designs
Stephanie PerryMustard Seed by Stephanie Perry
Mitzie Criderwww.NeedfulLuxuries.Blogspot.com
Nicole RennellWww.nicolerennell.com/blog
Nicole Valentinewww.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Karen Mitchellwww.overthemoon-design.com
Tammy Adamswww.paisleylizard.com/blog/
Patty Millerwww.pattymillerbeads.blogspot.com
Blanca Medinawww.peru-medesigns.com
Stephanie Hausslerwww.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Roxanne Mendozawww.roxidesigns.blogspot.com
Claire Fabianwww.saraccino.blogspot.com
Bridget Torreswww.shears58.net
Donetta Farringtonwww.simplygorgeous-donetta.blogspot.com
Lee Koopmanwww.stregajewellry.wordpress.com
Deb Fortinwww.studiok24.blogspot.ca
Susan WallsWww.susansartcircus.com/blog
Cece CormierThe Beading Yogini
Heather Ottowww.thecrafthopper.com
Lizzie Clarkewww.theneedtobead.blogspot.co.uk
Elizabeth Hodgeswww.thewhisperingseas.blogspot.com
Fay Wolfendenwww.torchfairy.blogspot.com
Kelly Hosford Pattersonwww.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Nan SmithNanmade Jewelry
Jayne Cappswwww.mamasgototdoodle.blogspot.com
Robin Kae Reed                                          http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/
Melissa Trudinger                                      https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/
Regina Wood                                                  Gina's Designs
                                                
                                                             

15 comments:

  1. Hi Maria, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Your bracelet is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Maria I love your stash of Labradorite, I am agreat fan too and have some nice pieces tucked away! Your bracelet is beautiful its always nice to make something special for youeself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those chunky beads. I would keep that for myself also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Labrodorite is one of my favorite stones as well, so I totally understand you hoard :-)
    And what a wonderful bracelet you made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love labradorite...it looks like one thing at first, but there's so much fire and flash within! Just like a beautiful, mysterious woman...so much for than meets the eye! I love what you made with your beautiful labradorite beads, and would love to wear that bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for your family's loss. It was a pleasure to see your hoard - I love labradorite. You made a beautiful bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry about your husband's grandmother. Grandmothers are special and she will surely be missed.

    I love labradorite, and I really like those smaller square faceted beads. Your multi-strand bracelet is beautiful. I hope you have a chance to wear it over the upcoming holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Bracelet. I'm with you all the way about the labradorite. It is my favorite gemstone. I especially love that each piece is so different with the different flash be it green, blue, or gold. I can fondle it forever. That's probably why you won't see me using it in the bead hoarder's hop. I hate to let it go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous bracelet, gorgeous gemstones, beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry for your loss. I remember being in a fog after my Gram passed on.

    I do have to say that I love your bracelet. The flash in labradorite is so special and appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful bracelet, I have a stash of Labradorite too. It's one of my favorite gems. I find it to be a very soothing stone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful bracelet. It's perfect for those stones. I always admire asymmetric designs that are so well done. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very sorry for your loss, its great that you were able to make anythign at all, let alone a beautiful bracelet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for your loss. Glad you were still able to create something despite of that. I love the bracelet you created! The greys and silver are a lovely combo...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry for your loss. The bracelet seems like a nice tribute -- making something beautiful in the midst of it.

    ReplyDelete