Saturday, July 23, 2011

I am hooked on Sookie

Okay many of you probably have no idea what I am talking about (Sookie is not a drug,elicit sex act or a cast member of Jersey Shore, that's Snookie) but those of you who know her must share my love for her. She is a character in a series of books written by Charlaine Harris. The series is of course the Sookie Stackhouse Novels.

I came across the first book at a yard sale and it looked interesting,and it was only 50 cents to boot, now I am hooked.I have read the first 4 in the series,they are super fast,addicting books,so if you start reading them you will more than likely be hooked on Sookie too.


Okay those closest to me know my infatuation with books and movies dealing with the supernatural. I love vampires,werewolves,sprites,fairies,shifters,witches well I could probably go on forever,but I'm sure you get it and I'll spare you complete boredom. I happened to mention the books to my sister and she informed me that she had read all of them and there was also a HBO series called True Blood based on the books. Of course I was shocked that she hadn't shared this info with me sooner.

Of course I will have to read all of the books before I dare watch the TV series. I already have all of the pictures of the characters trapped in my head and hate to see what the actors cast will look like. I would hate to have change what my imagination has inspired.

So if you haven't yet you must check it out from your local library. 

No comments:

Post a Comment